From: Todd Berman <tberman@g.o>
To: wolf31o2@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Niches and new developers (especially xbox)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:47:31
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 17:44, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
3 >
4 >>I do not understand this concern regarding the legality of the xbox gentoo
5 >>effort. Can you state specifically what your concerns are, and which laws you
6 >>think are being broken?
9 > Disseminating *any* means of bypassing the "copy protection" or the
10 > security features of the Xbox are illegal in the United States thanks to
11 > the DCMA. As an American citizen you definitely won't see me signing
12 > off on *any* official Xbox release, as there is the possibility that *I*
13 > may be held liable.
17 And yet you sign off on releases that contain distributing win32 codecs,
18 font cab files right from microsoft, mp3 support, dvd support, etc?
19
20 Time to turn down the dumbometer dude, and chill
21
22 --Todd
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list