From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] missing metadata.xml
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:12:44
1 Hi guys,
2
3 There are more than a few packages with missing metadata.xml in the
4 portage tree. I've setup my funky little QA website to report on which
5 ones fall in that category, and here is the list right here:
6
7 http://spaceparanoids.org/gentoo/gpnl/qa.php?q=metadata
8
9 I've spent the morning fixing up most of them, adding blank metadata.xml
10 to them and assigning maintainer-needed@g.o as the main
11 maintainer, which in hindsight was probably not the best approach (my
12 apologies).
13
14 Anyway, either way, it would be nice to get the few remaining packages
15 cleaned up, and if one of your packages is on that list, please update
16 or create the metadata.
17
18 I'll still be going through the rest of them and sorting out which ones
19 were last maintained by a dev that is now retired and continue assigning
20 them to maintainer-needed.
21
22 Thanks
23