From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: check-reqs* vs CFLAGS=-g
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 08:20:16
1 On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 13:33:48 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > What can we do to improve this? I'm not really happy to have LLVM
5 > ebuild analyze CFLAGS to set proper space constraints. Maybe we should
6 > make check-reqs-r1 automatically bump the constraints by some
7 > statistical multiplier when it detects -g?
8
9 The problem with that is there is no way to determine how much larger a -g
10 build will be. It varies widely across GCC versions (eg. when var-tracking was
11 added the size of debug info exploded, in some cases up to an order of
12 magnitude), and different -g/-ggdb levels. All you can really do is warn people
13 they may run out of space if they're using debugging options.
17 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
18 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
19
20 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463