From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Sets vs Meta ebuilds
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 23:50:08
1 On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 19:39:33 -0400
2 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > The two ways are not the same, and there is a reason sets exist in the
4 > first place. People seem to be over looking that fact. I did not add
5 > sets. They are not new. I am simply trying to expand their use.
6
7 Sets exist because people keep saying "let's have sets!" without
8 agreeing on what sets actually are or how they are to be used. Sets
9 remain half-baked because it turns out they don't make consistent sense
10 in different contexts when you give them a non-superficial amount of
11 thought.
14 Ciaran McCreesh