From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem writing my first ebuild
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:35:57
1 Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > I'm trying to write an ebuild for "xawdecode", a TV program based on
3 > "xawtv". I've based on xawtv-3.7.2.ebuild, but I have a problem: a few
4 > files, some fonts to go in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc, are shared by
5 > this two program, so I can't emerge my application because of a sandbox
6 > write lock. How are we supposed to deal with this kind of
7 > incompatibility ? I've though about patching the Makefile to place the
8 > font somewhere else, but I don't feel it really satisfying.
9
10 You are missing a very important point. Your ebuild should not be writing
11 *anything* to the live filesystem. Everything goes in ${D}
12 (/var/tmp/portage/<pkg-name>/image/). Have you looked at other ebuilds?
13 In particular, you should look at some examples of dodir and doins.
14
15 Chad