From: Kim Nielsen <kn@××××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why is preempt-kernel *required* for building a kernel using gentoo-sources ?
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 10:17:50
1 On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 17:09, Dan Naumov wrote:
2 > I just stubled across a very weird problem. I was told that using preempt slows down SETI so I decided to do some benchmarking to see whether it's true. I loaded my kernel config, disabled preempt and ran "make dep clean bzImage modules modules_install", the build failed with:
3 >
4 > fs/fs.o: In function `dput':
5 > fs/fs.o(.text+0x11ff5): undefined reference to `atomic_dec_and_lock'
6 > make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
9 try coping the .config file somewhere else and do a make mrproper ..
10 then copy the .config file back and recompile your kernel .. it worked
11 for me
12
13 /Kim
14 --
15 I'm the face that stares at you from the shadows.
16 http://www.insecurity.dk