From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-client/chromium gtk3 support
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 18:30:40
1 On 9/10/15 8:05 PM, hasufell wrote:
2 > a) the gnome maintainers already said they are not interested in
3 > supporting it indefinitely (they are the maintainers of gtk+ as well)
4
5 Aren't there at least some gtk2-only apps? It seems to me we're not that
6 close to removal of gtk2 from the tree.
7
8 I'm also not aware of bugs being files about Gentoo gtk maintainers as a
9 result of gtk2/gtk3 USE flags on packages - please let me know if there
10 are in fact such bugs.
11
12 > c) it introduces maintenance and configuration complexity where it is
13 > absolutely unnecessary (because no one could come up with a real use
14 > case) und breaks consistency
15
16 Who decides whether a use case is valid? Clearly having discussions like
17 this for 10 years indicates people are interested in this.
18
19 I'm not saying a user is always right. I just wouldn't go out of my way
20 to block it if package maintainers are willing to support such requests.
21
22 Paweł