From: Tze John Tang <tze_john@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Latest boot disk
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 09:04:57
1 Hello,
2
3 I downloaded the latest bootdisk image, and the rescue-lvm.gz files.
4 I used rawrite to write them to floppies. I boot off the boot disk,
5 and select the 1st option in the grub menu, which is to boot the
6 rescue image off of the floppy. I then get prompted for the rescue
7 disk, and I place that in the drive. Drivers continue to load, and
8 then I get prompted to put the root disk into the drive... which disk
9 is this? I tried both of the disks, and it results in a kernel
10 panic.
11
12 Thanks for any help.
13
14 -tj
18 Do You Yahoo!?
19 Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
20 http://auctions.yahoo.com/