From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] where to install source files for c++ templates
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:01:09
1 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > I can get them to build outside an ebuild fine, but I have found that
3 > festival #includes actual source files from speech-tools to
4 > instantiate c++ templates.
5 [snip]
6 > The other option would be to not keep speech-tools as a separate
7 > ebuild, but have the festival ebuild build speech-tools then build and
8 > install festival.
9
10 Consider this:
11
12 Build and install speech-tools as you normally do. Write the ebuild for
13 festival such that it requires and unpacks all the source that it needs,
14 including the source for speech-tools. I figure that should work, unless
15 festival needs the speech-tools source after installation.
18 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
19 And with strange eons even death may die.
20 -- The Call of Cthulu, II. The Tale of Inspector Legrasse