From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Remember to specify SLOT when adding subslot operator to dependencies
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 09:49:47
1 Dnia 2013-08-05, o godz. 12:33:45
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > This is a friendly reminder.
5 >
6 > I've found the tree again to have dependencies like:
7 >
8 > dev-libs/openssl:=
9 > virtual/jpeg:=
10 >
11 > Neither of which are correct, since dev-libs/openssl has SLOT="0" and
12 > SLOT="0.9.8" and virtual/jpeg has SLOT="0" and SLOT="62".
13 >
14 > Need to pull in the SLOT that installs headers:
15 >
16 > dev-libs/openssl:0=
17 > virtual/jpeg:0=
18 >
19 > Same logic applies to any package with also "binary-only SLOTs" that
20 > install libfoobar.so.1 and nothing else.
21
22 Sounds like it's easy to miss that someone added binary-only SLOTs
23 to a package. Is there anything we can do to improve this?
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny