From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Support for multiple ABIs for amd64 (64bit,32bit) in multilib overlay
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 21:16:29
On Sunday 16 August 2009 08:37:37 Thomas Sachau wrote:
> -for the portage version: It is also in the multilib overlay, but in a > different branch called portage-multilib. To use this, you should read the > instructions at [1] (doc/portage-multilib-instructions). This one should > also mainly work, but there is probably a good amount of packages in the > main tree, which may refuse to work with it.
the abi-wrapper doesnt look terribly appealing. why dont we use broken/custom -config handling as incentive to convert packages to .pc files. pkg-config handles ABI/cross-compile splitting cleanly and transparently. bash-4 is stable, so we could start depending on it. you dont save/restore CPPFLAGS is there documentation that covers the proposed changes/design to portage ? i'm not looking for high level (it runs src_compile twice). i dont recall seeing details posted to the portage or gentoo mailing lists ... it's hard to review `git diff portage-svn..master`. -mike