From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-dicts/sword-*
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 21:10:47
1 >>>>> On Tue, 07 Jan 2020, James Cloos wrote:
2
3 >>> That is untrue. They are public domain.
4
5 UM> Where did you get that information from?
6
7 > Some may not be. I didn't look at every page, but for ones like:
8
9 > http://crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=DutSVV
10
11 > it says so on that page.
12
13 I agree [1], and app-dicts/sword-dutsvv isn't in the list of packages
14 to be last-rited.
15
16 > My recollection was pd in general, but i see there may be some not.
17
18 These are Bible texts, but we cannot assume that all of them are in the
19 public domain. Translations and commentaries may still be copyrighted
20 if they're recent enough.
21
22 Ulrich
23