From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git braindump: 1 of N: merging & git signing
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 10:40:06
Am Sonntag 03 Juni 2012, 10:18:24 schrieb Robin H. Johnson:
> I propose: > - merges are explicitly allowed, even non-fast-forwards > - all commits MUST be signed > - if you include a commit from a user: > author := non-@gentoo > committer := @gentoo > signer := $committer >
Sounds reasonable given the current state of git. Let's just be clear about the following consequence (I hope I understand this correctly): * User makes signed improvements in gentoo-x86 clone * Developer pulls from user and >merges< * Developer's history contains commits by user, which cannot be pushed to gentoo-x86 Which means in the end "all merges are explicitly allowed, as long as they only contain developer commits; commits pulled from users must be rebased". This is something that (IMHO) we could certainly live with; the only thing I am worried about is, how do we automatize it so a developer who is not end-of- the-line git guru and ends up with some user-signed commits in his history can clean up his local tree again. -- Andreas K. Huettel Gentoo Linux developer dilfridge@g.o

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Git braindump: 1 of N: merging & git signing Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>