From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guidelines for IUSE defaults
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 15:06:22
1 On 02/02/2017 03:11 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Can we discourage IUSE defaults except for #1 and #2? I'm equally guilty
3 > of #3 and #4, but I now regret them. I would also like to see
4 > explanations in metadata.xml of why +flags are on by default.
5
6 This presumes that the goal is minimal system in all cases, rather than
7 a good user experience for inter alia a desktop system or a
8 server-system. If a user requires a minimal system for whatever reason
9 (s)he is likely more prepared to understand the choices than the average
10 user.
13 Kristian Fiskerstrand
14 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
15 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3