From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:52:05
1 On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 16:56 +0000, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 02:20:48 -0500
3 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > The EAPI=0 document was supposed to be a QA project. What it is now,
6 > > I have no idea.
7 >
8 > A QA subproject which has not yet released a public draft.
9
10 Now, yes.
11
12 > > We asked for a specification. If the PMS
13 > > team is unable or unwilling to provide us with what we asked under
14 > > the terms we asked for it
15 >
16 > We're working to provide it. So far, I haven't been asked for it under
17 > any particular terms other than "at some point in the future, and we
18 > realise that it will take a while to finish".
19
20 Yes.
21
22 What we want to discuss is a possible timeline for completion, and what
23 resources you may need to get it done within the agreed timeline.
24 Notice that I used timeline, instead of deadline. It was done on
25 purpose really just to shut people the hell up. We're not out to get
26 anybody, we're just wanting to make sure we're all on track and moving
27 forward.
30 Chris Gianelloni
31 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
32 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
33 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
34 Gentoo Foundation