From: Michiel de Bruijne <m.debruijne@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devfs is dead, let's move on
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 22:49:06
1 On Saturday 09 July 2005 00:25, Greg KH wrote:
2 > > I.o.w. is it still necessary to have RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="yes" as a
3 > > default or can we move to a pure udev system and change the default to
4 > > "no".
5 >
6 > I've been running my boxes successfully with "no" since the option
7 > showed up just fine :)
8
9 Same over here on all boxes maintained by me (21 with different hardware).
10 Using the tarball creates a lot of unnecessary clutter in /dev
11
12 If all ebuilds/enough ebuilds don't need to have the tarball, I would say
13 change the default and let all users enjoy the pure udev ride.
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list