From: IeS <ies@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys.tbz2 for rc5
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 00:39:45
1 I prefer sys.tbz2 installation too. With this methode, it's possible to
2 upgrade running system by installing new sys.tbz to different partition,
3 copy all of the necessary file from old system. And then reboot.
4
5 No need for CD drive, and minimum downtime.
6
7 I am very glad if there are possibilities to install from ISO without
8 having CD drive, may be by mounting iso file via loop device.
9
10 TIA
11
12 Ihsan S.
17 >> Is it possible to have sys.tbz2 for rc5, along with a boot/root pair
18 >> of discs. I do not have a cd burner, and this will let me try rc5
19 >> first hand.
20 >
21 > We are generally moving towards a CD-based install method. Is there
22 > anyone in your area with a CD burner? Maybe you can post your home
23 > city/country to this list and ask if someone could burn you a CD?
27 Dapatkan email gratis di www.eramuslim.com

application/octet-stream