From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How well supported is collision-protect?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:52:58
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 >On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 10:14 +0900, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
6 >>Uh, I did not expect such a response. I personally have a whole bunch of
7 >>collisions on my system, most of which man pages.
8 >>
9 >>http://gg3.net/~chutz/gentoo/collisions
10 >>
11 >>I'll see to report them.
15 >My suggestion:
16 >
17 >Make sure that you've installed fresh from 2005.0, as there were tons of
18 >collisions caused by files from the older stage1 and stage2 tarballs
19 >that have been fixed since 2005.0, where we changed how the stage
20 >tarballs worked.
24 Hi,
25 Can confirm that (much less collisons with 2005.0), but as there exist
26 some persistant collisions (nvidia-kernel, alsa-driver, some perl
27 modules, etc.) So i've put these in package.features/package.env file
28 (from Portage-Toys tools) to disable "collision-protect" just for them.
29 Also thinking about again begin using "maketest" and do the same for
30 failing packages, but not sure as there were quite a bit of packages
31 that didn't pass the "tests".
32 HTH. Rumen
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list