From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Remove package from system set in custom profile
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 05:33:49
1 On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Canek Peláez Valdés posted on Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:26:22 -0600 as
3 > excerpted:
4 >
5 >> Hi; I'm trying to make a custom profile, and I need to remove a package
6 >> from the system set. Is there a way I can do this without editing
7 >> /usr/portage/profiles/base/packages?
8 >>
9 >> Sorry if this is the wrong place for asking such a question.
10 >
11 > FWIW, gentoo-dev is for development related questions.  The right place
12 > would be the gentoo-user list.  Not really right but better than the
13 > general gentoo-dev list would be the portage-devel list.
14
15 I would have that in mind next time.
16
17 > Never-the-less and not to send you away empty-handed, yes of course
18 > there's a way to override it locally.  Gentoo wouldn't be gentoo
19 > otherwise. =:^)
20 >
21 > See the portage (5) manpage, in particular, a search on
22 > "/etc/portage/profile" in that manpage, plus the note under the packages
23 > file description (in the /etc/make.profile/ section) about removing
24 > packages from the system set.
25 >
26 > More specifically, here's my /etc/portage/profile/packages:
27 >
28 > # I don't need these
29 > -*sys-apps/busybox
30 > -*sys-apps/module-init-tools
31 >
32 > If the package is listed as a dependency somewhere as well, you may need
33 > to add an entry to packages.provided in the same dir, as well.  For
34 > example, from mine (I build everything I need into the kernel,
35 > no kernel modules so no module-init-tools needed to load them, either):
36 >
37 > sys-apps/module-init-tools-9999
38
39 That's exactly what I needed. Thanks.
40
41 Regards.
42 --
43 Canek Peláez Valdés