From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: x11-plugins/purple-facebook
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:31:23
1 # Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o> (2021-12-31)
2 # Removal after 2022-05-01. Bug #830331.
3 # Broken and upstream needs new maintainer.
4 x11-plugins/purple-facebook
5
6 https://bugs.gentoo.org/830331
7
8 ----8<-------------------------------------------
9 Reasoning:
10 * maintainer-needed + open tickets
11 * package needs many patches to get it (probably) working again
12 * upstream does not maintain the source anymore. Issues and PRs remain open
13 * some tickets let me assume, that the software is not usable anymore
14 (for example TLS failure:
15 https://github.com/dequis/purple-facebook/issues/525)
16 * If you love this package, contact upstream and become the new upstream
17 maintainer
18 https://github.com/dequis/purple-facebook/issues/518
19 * We cannot maintain such a complicate project by constantly patching it
20 downstream
21 * We can reintroduce this package any time when upstream is alive again
25 Best,
26 Jonas