From: Mikael Hallendal <micke@×××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainership and commit policy
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 13:14:36
1 Hi!
2
3 > I totally agree with you, Ben. Frankly, this discussion (of ebuild
4 > Author comments) is not worthy of the time that people have been
5 > putting into it. I would much rather have developers focus on Gentoo
6 > Linux proper and getting ebuilds tested and fixed. We always have
7 > #gentoo if you just want to chat about new ideas or new ways of doing
8 > things. But frankly, we already have lots of good ideas; the main
9 > problem we have is a lack of manpower to implement them. If people
10 > will help with the tough stuff, these little things will take care of
11 > themselves.
12
13 Hmm, I fail to see why a discussion about the policy of maintainership
14 is not worth the time. I think most people do agree generally, the
15 thing that's left is that someone writes a document on what we'll do
16 in the future. (or will we just continue as it's now?)
17
18 Regards,
19 Mikael Hallendal
22 Mikael Hallendal                micke@×××××××××××.se
23 CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
24 Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918