From: "Luis F. Araujo" <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:34:58
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2
3 >It's worth noting that a GLEP author need not be a dev, so those
4 >people, of course, would always require a surrogate to submit/revise
5 >GLEPs. As for devs being able to upload/revise GLEPs, I'm not opposed.
6 >The reason that devs cannot update their own GLEPs right now is purely
7 >technical: the GLEP page is part of the www tree, and that tree has
8 >fairly strict permissions. If opening up the GLEP directory isn't too
9 >much of a pita for infra, I certainly won't oppose it. I would still
10 >prefer that GLEPs be run by one of the editors before being posted,
11 >since we may be able to help, but I wouldn't insist on it. I would be
12 >very sad, though, if people took advantage of a more liberal policy to
13 >post poorly-thought-out junk.
16 I agree with the GLEPs being run by one or several editors, i think
17 it will keep the proposals very organized among them, something important
18 for the whole glep.g.o structure.
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list