From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling of keywording bugs with only one arch
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:28:47
1 On 03/13/2010 07:21 PM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On 03/13/2010 07:07 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> When a bug is marked as fixed it doesn't show up in searches developers
4 >> use so it's a matter of who reads the email and acts upon it. I don't
5 >> see why maintainers would be any more likely to act than an arch team
6 >> comprised of multiple people in the case of bigger arches. Let's not
7 >> forget that users are really supposed to open new bugs instead of
8 >> commenting on the resolved ones although I know there are users out
9 >> there who rather comment on a two year old only distantly related bug
10 >> than open a new one.
11 >
12 > I would love to see a bugzilla feature that would entirely disable
13 > commenting on closed bugs like on archlinux's bugtracking system[1]
14 >
15 > [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/arch-general@×××××××××.org/msg11996.html
16 >
17 > That might possibly need "Request reopen" button of somesort, or we
18 > could just always require people to open new bugs
21 Maybe just modify Bugzilla so that there's a text besides the comment
22 box or submit button saying that unless the fix is broken open a new bug.
23
24 Regards,
25 Petteri