From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-cvs
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:56:26
1 On Monday 14 July 2003 11:25, Tal Peer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > While discussing the state of the php-cvs package on #gentoo_dev, lu_zero
5 > suggested that we open a new category 'app-cvs' and move all -cvs packages
6 > there. That way we don't litter all the categories with -cvs ebuilds that
7 > most of users don't need/want.
8
9 I don't like this idea. As others have said here, it defeats the purpose of
10 categories as app groups. Also, there are many ebuilds most users don't need/
11 want, but I wouldn't define them as litter. I don't see that -cvs ebuilds in
12 various categories interfere with users in any way, and they make it easy to
13 see which packages have -cvs counterparts and which only have -cvs versions,
14 since they are listed together.
15
16 Finally, some of us write cvs ebuilds that don't have -cvs extensions :-)
19 Dan Armak
20 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
21 Matan, Israel
22 Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key
23 Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951