From: Andreas Aronsson <aron@××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] flamewars@gentoo-dev
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:59:13
1 On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Ivan Chernyavsky wrote:
2
3 > Dear Gentoo developers,
4 >
5 > I am a grateful Gentoo user, I'm pretty happy with Gentoo and already have five
6 > installations of it, including one running a pilot project at my work.
7 > I started working with Linux 6 years ago and came through RH-SuSE-Ubuntu.
8 > None of them (except maybe SuSE 9.0 for some time) was perfect for me,
9 > until I tried Gentoo. So firstly, *thank a lot* guys.
10 >
11 > Recently I've subscribed to this list because I thought this is the right way
12 > to start being involved in Gentoo development process --- I thought technical
13 > discussions are of most importance here.
14 >
15 > But what do I see? For more than a week, I need to came through dozens of
16 > pure-fanatical e-mails having nothing except personal insults, FUD, idiotic
17 > wikipedia links etc. etc. I can't believe it was always like this. I really hope
18 > this is a temporary burst, caused by proposed EAPI change or something else,
19 > because it makes my plans of carefully introducing
20 > Gentoo as business-critical-ready-os to my employer much more complicated.
21 >
22 > Maybe it is time to create a list gentoo-flame or gentoo-fud and post everything
23 > there? I'm subscribed to several development and user mailing lists and I
24 > nowhere I saw anything like this, for so long period of time.
25 >
26 > Sorry if I don't understand something --- I'm really a new gentoo-dev reader,
27 > but I feel sorry for this brilliant distribution sinking in the darkness
28 > of FUD. Please please *do* stop it.
29 >
30 > Many thanks in advance,
34 ++
35 Pretty much in the same situation and reading these emails for exactly
36 the same reasons for a month or so.
37 I am not impressed and a bit sad.
40 Andreas Aronsson
41 Mobil: +46 704 566 595
42 www.aron.nu
43
44 "I'd rather have friends who care than friends who agree with me."
45 - Arlo Guthrie
46 --
47 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list