From: Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem With TeX and opencm
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:49:07
1 On 08 Jul 2002 12:47:02 +1000
2 Mark Cox <coxhome@×××××××××××××.au> wrote:
5 > opencm (www.opencm.org) wants to generate ps documents from info files
6 > when you tell it to compile. The problem is sandbox (I think it is this
7 > that denies access to everything outside of the work dir..someone
8 > correct if it isn't.) causes this to happen .
9 >
10 ...
11 (sandbox violations due to pk's creation under /usr/share/texmf/fonts)
12
13 > Does anyone know how to fix this ??
14 >
15 > Mark Cox
18 I had exactly the same problem with pari-gp. (Well the problem didn't show
19 because I had already all the necessary pk's metafonted but I know it
20 might...)
21
22 A solution is, with tetex :
23 set the env var USE_VARTEXFONTS to 1
24 and the env var VARTEXFONTS to the directory where the fonts (metrics and
25 bitmaps) will be generated. Something like /var/tmp/portage/opencm???/work
26 perhaps will work... (Please correct me about the choice of this dir if I am
27 wrong.)
30 Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr>
31 Page perso : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/phj