From: MAL <mal@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: mozilla-1.0-r3
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:28:06
1 Hannes Megnert wrote:
2 > You emerged net-www/mozilla-1.0-r2?
3 > Try to unmerge this (because You have merged -r3), then inject the
4 > net-www/mozilla-1.0-r2.
5
6 mozilla-1.0-r2 was unmerged when mozilla-1.0-r3 was emerged. I made sure.
7
8 Turns out, if you do: emerge inject mozilla-1.0-r2, it bitches that it's already installed, but if you do: emerge inject net-www/mozilla-1.0-r2, it injects fine. bug?
11 > Try also pkg-clean.
14 Doesn't exist on my Gentoo system, it part of the addon package tools?
15
16 > I don't know why this thread is discussed on gentoo-dev, it would
17 > fit gentoo-user better, imho.
18
19 I was questioning the competency of portage.
22 > Hannes Mehnert
25 Cheers,
26 MAL