From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 14:45:41
1 On 06-11-2009 19:48:16 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3 > > In the past when smaller arches were not that active we used to mark
4 > > Java packages stable after testing by at least one arch team. The
5 > > probability to find arch specific issues in something like Java is not
6 > > so high so I think arrangements like this are acceptable when the arch
7 > > teams have problems keeping up.
8 >
9 > I think the same should be extended to other languages such as Perl
10 > and Python (unless they have portions which are C/C++)
11
12 Sounds like we could benefit from the "noarch" approach known in the RPM
13 world, such that all these packages can also be immediately keyworded
14 and stabilised for all arches. Would greatly simplify things for a
15 great deal of packages, maybe?
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level