From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: re: [gentoo-dev] broken dependencies, wiki suggestion
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:38:12
1 >> It ran OK the first time (missing Gnome foot icon in the config
2 >wizard), =
3 >but=20
4 >> when I close it down, it didn't want to start up again. Instead
5 >it=20
6 >> complained like so:
7 >
8 >Hmm, not sure what this could be, anyone else?
9 >
10 >> Then I installed xchat, and that went fine. It installed a whole
11 >bunch m=
12 >ore=20
13 >> Gnome stuff. Xchat runs OK! No problems with Xchat. So I
14 >deleted=20
15 >> .gnome/Pan and .pan/ and tried to start it again. I started up with
16 >the=20
17 >> wizard again (because I deleted its settings), and this time it had a
18 >Gno=
19 >me=20
20 >> foot icon correctly displayed. I followed through, then quit and
21 >tried t=
22 >o=20
23 >> start pan again... And it keeps dying the same way. I am guessing
24 >there=
25 >are=20
26 >> some dependencies still missing?
27 >
28 >I don't have time to look into this today, someone else (Azarah?)
29
30 Pan runs fine here, but then I had Gnome merged. All I can think, is
31 that Pan do indeed depend on gnome-core and gnome-libs, and should not
32 be merged without (maybe it did at first, but changed later on), or it
33 is because gdk-pixbuf was not merged with gnome in the USE flags.
34
35 Try the following: Make sure gnome is in use flags, then remerge
36 gdk-pixbuf. Then make sure gnome-base/gnome-core and
37 gnome-base/gnome-libs are merged, and remerge Pan.
40 Greetings
44 Martin Schlemmer
45 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
46 Cape Town, South Africa
47 Town, South Africa