From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 06:41:55
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:27:06 -0600
William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:

> An initramfs which does this is created by >=sys-kernel/genkernel-3.4.25 or > >=sys-kernel/dracut-017-r1. If you do not want to use these tools, be > sure any initramfs you create pre-mounts /usr.
We should really have some documentation on how to create a minimal initramfs that mounts /usr (if we don't already, I haven't looked). I've never needed one until now and don't have the foggiest idea how it's done. I can't be the only one. Also, the handbook still endorses having a separate partition for /usr and includes it in the example setup. This should be changed now, not when stabilization time comes. -- fonts, gcc-porting toolchain, wxwidgets @ gentoo.org