From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting Important Updates To Users
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:21:11
1 On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 13:24 +0900, Chris White wrote:
2 > To be technical, neither will emerge --news. None of the solutions presented
3 > here will be a 100% effective means of resolving the problem. There will
4 > always be the one user that doesn't want to listen, and will complain at is.
5 > What we're trying to do here is _lessen_ the ammount of times this occurs.
6 > What I suggest is we use _all_ of the above solutions. Combined together
7 > they form a more effective means towards achieving the intial goal stated.
8
9 This goes against the feedback from users over the Apache and PHP
10 changes.
11
12 The feedback I've had is that users don't want yet more places to go to
13 find Gentoo news - they want *one* place where all the news appears.
14
15 > I'll have a glep for this created soon and posted here.
16
17 I'll keep an eye out for it. Please include the emerge --news proposal
18 in the GLEP.
19
20 Best regards,
21 Stu
22 --
23 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
24 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
25 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
26
27 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
28 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C