From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] keep arch.list or keywords.desc ?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:15:20
1 Definitely voting for "arch.list". In addition to its current use by portage.{py,5} (as mentioned by Mike), its name is more descriptive. I have been wondering about the naming of the KEYWORDS variable(s). Usually the term "keywords" refers to search-fodder, categories, and other generic flags. Any Portage gurus remember how it ended up being specific to architecture flags? IMHO, "KEYWORDS" in the ebuilds should be renamed "ARCH_ALLOW" and "ACCEPT_KEYWORDS" in make.conf should be renamed "ARCH_ACCEPT", just for consistency with their usage. But that's probably a discussion for another thread.
2 --
3 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
4 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
5 --Ghost in the Shell