From: pclouds <pclouds@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Add new variable BINARY_KEYWORDS for binary support?
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 15:41:52
1 Hi
2 I noticed there are some binary ebuilds with suffix "-bin" such as
3 openoffice-bin. I'd propose adding a new variable BINARY_KEYWORDS into
4 openoffice ebuild and remove openoffice-bin ebuild.
5 The syntax of BINARY_KEYWORDS is as same as KEYWORDS. When people
6 prefer binary ebuilds, they can do
7 BINARY_KEYWORDS="x86" emerge something
8 and emerge will do install a tbz2.
9 When a maintainer decide to add binary support for some arch, they add
10 new archs to BINARY_KEYWORDS. We may need BINARY_SRC_URI also for tbz2
11 files.
12 We may also form binary arch herds just like arch herds :)
13 Is this possible?
14 --
15 Bi Cờ Lao