From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:09:10
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2
3 > Thoughts / comments? I promise not to bite anyone's head off this time!
4
5 It's a good thing to have enhancement proposals clearly explained and
6 written and the GLEP system does a great job for that. The way I see it,
7 the system generally fails after the GLEP is written :
8
9 - They are voted at Managers meeting level and people don't feel their
10 views are represented there
11
12 - Voted enhancements that need coordinating several Gentoo teams at the
13 same time (Metabugs) don't fly very well
14
15 These aren't GLEP-specific problems, these are metastructure problems.
16 They should both be solved by the current effort to reform our
17 metastructure.
20 Koon