From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Let's redesign the entire filesystem! [was newsitem: unmasking udev-181]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 05:18:30
1 On 3/12/12 8:53 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:14:23PM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote:
3 >> Yeah, I think it's an easy fix either in openrc or in an initscript
4 >> somewhere. I changed nothing except my kernel (was missing devtmpfs -- it's
5 >> not under Filesystems!), uninstalled module-init-tools, and installed kmod +
6 >> udev-181. Then rolled back the snapshot once I had the results.
7 > When udev is linked against a library in /usr, this is not going to work
8 > anymore, because udev won't start at all.
9
10 So you need need a smaller udev that is completely self contained and
11 make sure anything needed for the key rules works. I wonder if the
12 pci-ids cannot stay somewhere in /etc or /lib
13
14 lu