From: seanecovel <seanecovel@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Niches and new developers (especially xbox)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:08:54
1 > I've been following this thread for a few days now and would like to
2 > offer a suggestion.
3 >
4 > This is a legal matter, so why not defer to someone who is a lawyer?
5 > Would there be any objection to contacting the EFF and asking them
6 > for their take on it?
7 >
8 > After all, should Gentoo choose to include xbox in it's main tree, and
9 > suffered legal attacks because of it, we would be contacting the EFF
10 > for help anyway.
11 >
12 > Just my $0.02
13 >
14 > Cooper.
15
16 There is a lawyer that is selling Xboxen online already modded to run
17 Linux, with Xebian pre-installed. I have spoken with him at length
18 about the legal issues involved. He is hoping for a challenge from
19 Microsoft but has been unable to bait them so far.
20
21 His site: (http://robsbox.0catch.com). He has some documentation of his
22 correspondence with Microsoft (http://robsbox.0catch.com/about.html) and
23 eBay in regards to Xbox Linux.
24
25 Rob has agreed to talk to anyone about the legal issues, but offline (he
26 doesn't want to do Microsoft's work for them... ;-)) Feel free to
27 contact him at his business Email address: robsbox@×××××××××.net.
28
29 I'd love to see this whole thing resolved and upgrade my Xbox for the
30 last time, to Gentoo!!!
31
32 Sean
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list