From: Luke Graham <luke@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A nice idea to improve portage
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 03:21:29
1 On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 06:20 am, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
2 > > Honestly, I think I'd much prefer if portage just queued all of those
3 > > messages and displayed them at the end of the emerge. If that
4 > > information was in a README, you'd have to go, find, and read the README
5 > > for every package and dependency that you install. That's a lot of work.
6 > > Since portage is supposed to be non-interactive, it shouldn't assume
7 > > that you're gonna stick around watching the terminal while it does its
8 > > thing. ;)
9 >
10 > Hmmm both are good ideas !! Why don't add some README files, that are
11 > displayed (instead of queued) at the end of an emerge ?
12
13 emerge <stuff> >output 2>&1
14 less output
17 luke