From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, "Ludd, Ned" <solar@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] apache.eclass proposed
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 14:32:48
1 This is very good, I've seen many apache related ebuilds that do
2 not do the right thing about determining what apache/which configs
3 which directories, etc to use, I think that all apache related ebuilds
4 should use this, it's an easy and central way to manage the logic
5 of apache configs
6
7 Good job solar :)
10 >After writing a net-www/ ebuild it seemed apparent to me that we are
11 >going to need an apache.eclass. A quick find in portage reveals quite a
12 >few independent ebuilds all needing the basic functionality that could
13 >be provided by an apache.eclass
14 >
15 >syntactically perfect the idea is what matters..
16 >I have attached an apache.eclass that I welcome your input/feedback on.
17 >While it may not be syntactically perfect for the apache2 part its the
18 >idea that we get this out there and start talking about one that
19 >matters.
20 >
21 >my portage # find . -name '*.ebuild' | xargs grep HTTPD_USER= | wc
22 > 22 96 1904
23 >my portage # find . -name '*.ebuild' | xargs grep HTTPD_GROUP= | wc
24 > 21 123 2081
25 >my portage # find . -name '*.ebuild' | xargs grep HTTPD_ROOT= | wc
26 > 50 299 5154
27 >--
28 >Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
29 >Gentoo Linux (Hardened)