From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git workflow, commit messages
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 14:56:07
1 On 8/9/15 10:31 AM, Gordon Pettey wrote:
2 > On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 >> Particularly, we should prepend "CATEGORY/PN: " to the first line so we
6 >> can easily search git log for what happened to a package.
9 > Good format to help reading unfiltered logs, but invalid reasoning. 'git
10 > log portage/cat/pn' or 'git log portage/cat-old/pn-old
11 > portage/cat-moved/pn-moved' gets every commit affecting files in said
12 > package's directory.
13 >
14 When I use `git log` I often hit the / key to go into search mode and
15 then jump around that way. It is a real advantage to having the entire
16 log there and being able to search it this way.
19 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
20 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
21 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
22 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
23 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA