From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy/thoughts for ebuilds that survive only because of mirror caches?
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:12:49
1 On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 01:10:31PM -0500, Michael Cummings wrote:
2 >
3 > So I guess my question is, what's the take on this? Should we be only
4 > providing ebuilds that point to src's that still work outside of our
5 > cacheing system?
6
7 Why?
8
9 I don't really see the value in crippling the tree because some SRC_URIs
10 are bad. What we should be doing is finding the new SRC_URI - a lot of
11 those files have just moved to new locations.
12
13 At any rate, part of the point of mirroring nearly everything is for
14 cases where the SRC_URI goes away.
17 Jon Portnoy
18 avenj/irc.freenode.net
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list