From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] About libpng-1.4 handling
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:11:57
1 Hello guys,
2
3 as I'm sure some of you already experimented, the libpng upgrade didn't
4 exactly went smoothly on my chroots. Reason seems to be that libpng
5 usage is odd, it provides both libpng14.* and libpng.* files. Some
6 packages likes to use versioned libs while some other don't and it seems
7 to lead to giant mess in *.la files (for example).
8
9 My question are:
10 * is there a draft news item as a simple revdep-rebuild or portage
11 preserved-libs feature doesn't cut it (for good reasons) that I could
12 test ?
13 * what is the recommended way to link to libpng (versioned lib or not)
14 * corollary to previous question, should we enforce link to versioned
15 lib only ?
18 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
19 Gentoo