From: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] s/disk space/drive space
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:12:25
1 On 30.07.2013 13:50, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > For future reference,
3
4 I don't think you're using that right. You get to make statements "for
5 future reference" if you actually have authority to tell people what to do.
6
7 > please use "drive space" rather than "disk
8 > space". This includes in eclasses like check-reqs.
11 'disk space' is a perfectly valid term even if you have fancy solid
12 state drives these days. It is an established term in technical
13 documentation that everyone understands even if you don't physically use
14 a 'disk'.
15
16 Wikipedia lists 'disk space', not 'drive space' as do two English-*
17 dictionaries I checked. Why should we be coining 'drive space'?
20 Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
21 Gentoo Security/Ruby/Infrastructure