From: Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Resignation
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:38:48
1 On Tuesday 17 April 2007 22:32:34 Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@××××××××××××.nz>:
3 > > On Tuesday 17 April 2007 16:01:46 Jakub Moc wrote:
4 > > > So....  Since devrel has been so kind and suspended me, based on our
5 > > > brand new CoC, I don't feel any need to stay on this project any
6 > > > more. I'm therefore resigning from this project.
7 > >
8 > > I would be grateful if somebody could refer me to the archive URL of
9 > > the message which triggered this episode so I can make a personal
10 > > judgment about it?
11 >
12 > It was posted on -core, so you probably won't be able to read it.
13 Correct. I was mystified as to why Jakub had received this treatment. During
14 the relatively short time I have been on this list I have read almost all
15 the postings. While some ofJakub's postings have certainly been somewhat
16 acerbic, I do not recall any which I would classify as 'objectionable'.
17
18 I just hope we are not going to get overly 'precious' about this CoC thing,
19 which btw, I note contains the colloquial phrase 'If you screw up ...'.
20 That sort of lazy slang language has no place in the official document set
21 of any self-respecting organisation. Might I suggest it be replaced by
22 something akin to 'If you discover you have made as mistake ...'.
23 Also I noticed a simple typo: s/noone/no one/ in the previous paragraph.
26 CS
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list