From: Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:56:45
1 On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 05:11:57PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > And it sticks out a nasty ewarn and says that the ebuild is probably
3 > broken.
4
5 Which it _probably_ is. See, this is a numbers game. In most cases, if you use
6 the webapp eclass, setting SLOT="0" is incorrect. There are some cases in which
7 it's just fine. Until FEATURES="mindreader" is implemented, how is the eclass to
8 know what you're trying to do? So it prints a warning and doesn't die. Number of
9 angry users storming bugs.g.o - 0.
10
11 > Again, you're dismissing QA issues as nonsense, and you wonder why I
12 > don't waste my time doing a full audit.
13
14 No, what I was trying to do was call your distaste for fact-checking
15 nonsensical, apologies if it wasn't crystal clear. Please keep the QA issues
16 coming.
19 Renat Lumpau all things web-apps
20 C6A838DA 04AF B5EE 17CB 1000 DDA5 D3FC 1338 ADC2 C6A8 38DA
21 America - land of the free*
22 *Void where prohibited, restrictions apply. Cash value 1/100c.