From: Jonas Geiregat <yux@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-1.11.12-r2 request for testers
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:45:43
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 >yes, it's finally that time ... after months of hearing us say 'we want to get
4 >new baselayout stable asap', we're serious
5 >
6 >so can people please try out baselayout-1.11.12-r2+ and see if they notice any
7 >regressions ? the 'best' tests are simply rebooting and seeing if your
8 >system comes up :)
9 >
10 >common gotchas:
11 >- many config options have moved from /etc/rc.conf into /etc/conf.d/ files
12 >- /etc/hostname and /etc/*domainname have been moved into /etc/conf.d/ files
13 >- the net scripts have been completely rewritten thanks to UberLord ... old
14 >config styles should work fine, but it's best if you update
15 >your /etc/conf.d/net syntax ... just review /etc/conf.d/net.example or this
16 >URL: http://dev.gentoo.org/~uberlord/net-book/
17 >
18 >somethings to note ...
19 >regressions with lvm/lvm2/evms will not be considered ... they have had all
20 >their code forked into the respective packages and thus are no longer part of
21 >baselayout ... bugs with those packages should be taken up with their
22 >respective maintainers
23 >-mike
26 I get a message * /sbin/rc cannot start until runlevel boot has completed
27 this is an a ppc platform...
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list