From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Should unicode be allowed in ebuild metadata variables?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 02:58:01
1 Zac Medico wrote:
3 >> 'variable.invalidchar' repoman check that will trigger if an ebuild
4 >> metadata variable contains any characters that aren't in the ASCII
5 >> character set (0-127). Is this okay, or does anybody think that we
6 >> should allow UTF-8 unicode?
7 >
8 > Nevermind, apparently GLEP 31 already requires ASCII anyway:
9 >
10 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0031.html
11 >
12 The way I read that GLEP is that in ChangeLog and metadata.xml
13 we should accept the full range of UTF-8.
16 Ben de Groot
17 Gentoo Linux developer (lxde, media, qt, desktop-misc)
18 Gentoo Linux Release Engineering PR liaison
20
21 yngwin@g.o
22 http://ben.liveforge.org/
23 irc://chat.freenode.net/#gentoo-media
24 irc://irc.oftc.net/#lxde