From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] automated bug filing (i.e. pybugz) failing because of missing token
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 01:41:56
1 On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > here is a quick update on this:
5 >
6 > On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 01:20:38PM -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
7 >> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
8 >> <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
9 >> > I posted this issue here because it's not obvious what to do with it.
10 >> > That version of pybugz worked for me before (20 February 2012).
11 >> >
12 >> > Any ideas?
13 >> >
14 >>
15 >> I'm guessing it was broken by the upgrade from Bugzilla 4.0 to Bugzilla 4.2.
16 >>
17 >> I think you should file a bug for pybugz. :)
18 >>
19 >> Long term, we may want to consider porting pybugz to use Bugzilla's
20 >> XML-RPC api to avoid such breakage.
21 >
22 > Agreed, and I think that is going to happen sooner than longterm.
23 >
24 > I now have a project on my github account called PyZilla, which is a
25 > library for communicating with BugZilla via xmlrpc.  [1] However, it
26 > does not work with python 2.7, which is what I would like.
27 >
28 > I emailed the original author since he hadn't worked on this library in
29 > a year, and I was given permission to take over maintainership because
30 > he said he doesn't have time to work on it.
31 >
32 > So, any patches to make this work with python-2.7 are welcome. :-)
33 >
34 > William
35 >
36 > [1] https://github.com/williamh/PyZilla
39 Heh, I have been working on a similar concept, and I actually have a
40 working implementation. I am able to successfully search, log in, and
41 create new bugs. I just pushed this to my github.
42
43 https://github.com/floppym/BugzillaProxy
44
45 I have not taken the time to integrate it into pybugz. If you want to
46 take it from here, that would be great. Or I'm happy to help too; I'm
47 just not quite sure how to integrate it.
48
49 Side note: I have noticed that the xml-rpc interface does not allow
50 you to search on all available Bugzilla fields. The most obvious
51 missing field is the CC list.