From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@××××××××××××××.net>
To: Nick Jones <carpaski@××××××.net>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (Was: Destroying dependancies...) ewarn/einfo logging
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:39:04
1 On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 03:12:48AM -0600, Nick Jones wrote:
2 > > Hmm, that's a good point, it would have been much more visible if all
3 > > the notes were at the end of a large emerge, and perhaps also
4 > > automatically logged to a file somewhere for later review? I know this
5 > > would have personally also saved me many headaches if I had noticed the
6 > > output from vpopmail when I was trying to get it warning.
7 > PORT_LOGDIR= <--- Look for that in make.conf
8 Umm, from what I can see, something is not consistant...
9 Looking at that because I had it before, some files contain just the
10 ewarn/einfo (which is what I wanted), but others contain the entire
11 merge output, which isn't wanted, and is wasteful unless you want it for
12 debugging purposes (15mb file for glibc).
13
14 Is PORT_LOGDIR supposed to contain just ewarn/einfo or the entire
15 output?
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
20 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
21 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
22 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85