From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, seemant@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gettext-0.12, sylpheed-claws and stage1
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:23:02
1 Hi all,
2
3 as some of you might know we had a little problem with gettext-0.12 and
4 stage1 installs (it tested for a non-existant C++ Compiler). This
5 problem has been (hopefully) resolved by Seemant today.
6 One app that was affected by this problem is sylpheed-claws, it had to
7 stay at 0.9.0 (current is 0.9.6) because later versions depend (with
8 USE=nls) on gettext-0.12 which was hardmasked until today.
9 So to get a new stable sylpheed-claws we need to get gettext-0.12
10 stable, therefore we'd ask people (especially on non-x86 archs) to test
11 a new stage1 install with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~arch" and USE="nls" and see
12 if gettext-0.12 works. Please send feedback to me or Seemant.
13
14 TIA
15 Marius
20 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
21 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.