From: Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Old eclasses - candidates for removal?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 21:15:02
1 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > In last week's council meeting a policy for removal of old eclasses
3 > has been defined:
4 > ,----
5 > | The council voted that to remove eclasses devs should take the
6 > | following steps:
7 > | 1) Deprecate eclasses.
8 > | 2) Removal of all functionality relating to installing.
9 > | 3) After two years the eclass may be removed.
10 > `----
11 >
12 > A quick scan shows that the following eclasses were deprecated more
13 > than three years ago, and are used by no ebuild in the tree:
14 >
15 > 2002-05-25 inherit.eclass
16 > 2003-12-11 kde-i18n.eclass
17 > 2004-04-16 koffice-i18n.eclass
18 > 2005-09-18 jakarta-commons.eclass
19 > 2006-02-28 php.eclass
20 > 2006-02-28 php-2.eclass
21 >
22 > Do we want to remove any of these? Have I missed other candidates?
23
24 Yes:
25
26 RCS file: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/eclass/java-wsdp.eclass,v
27 Working file: java-wsdp.eclass
28 head: 1.7
29 branch:
30 locks: strict
31 access list:
32 symbolic names:
33 keyword substitution: kv
34 total revisions: 7; selected revisions: 7
37 revision 1.7
38 date: 2007-06-02 18:24:51 +0100; author: nelchael; state: Exp; lines: +1
39 -102; commitid: 5c6d4661a7e24567;
40 Remove content of java-wsdp.eclass, as all packages using it have been removed.
42
43 It has been removed >= 2 years ago, there were only few ebuilds using it.
46 Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xBC555551
47 desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...